Friday, January 07, 2005

Invaluable technologies

I have grown attached to 5 technologies:

1. our Shaw high speed internet
2. our wireless network - thank you Cisco
3. our garburator that keeps my kitchen sink from getting blocked
4. our portable, wireless Black & Decker dust buster that saves me from getting out our gigantic vacuum cleaner every time we drill a hole through our plastered walls
5. our valuable Shattaf; the wonderful wash-up technology that still did not reach Europe and North America!

Thank you God; I am ever grateful :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Dalia said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I couldnt help laughing at the last one - but I feel with you!!! :D :D :D

miss you alfain

8:49 p.m.  
Blogger Toujan B. Atari said...

Habibti Dolz :)

You have to stock up on that item! It is a rare commodety over here :))

You know, the fixture itself cost us CA$6... installing it cost us CA$50!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:07 p.m.  
Blogger Roba said...

LOL! I also loved the last point! I'd never understand how they can live without this commodity....

8:11 a.m.  
Blogger Toujan B. Atari said...

:) I know what you mean!
Maybe one day they will discover this invention, and we will finally have a technology patent for an Arab :) any idea who invented it? And please tell me it's an Arab!

12:56 a.m.  
Blogger Roba said...

Nope, the French.

3:10 p.m.  
Blogger Toujan B. Atari said...

how do you know?

7:32 p.m.  
Blogger Roba said...

http://www.isisandosiris.com/history.html

The earliest mention of a bidet was in 1700 France. When bathing was considered a weekly to monthly luxury, this fixture was used to freshen up in between baths. The original translation for "bidet" is small horse.

5:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home