Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Introduction to Arab/Muslim community

Today, Tanya El Lakkany held a gathering at her place to introduce me to the Muslim/Arab community in Victoria, and it was wonderful! I cannot believe how sweet she is!

We had met Tanya, her husband Hatem, and their three-year-old Maya on the first day of Eid. They invited us over for tea to celebrate Eid Al Fitr (again, sweet!)...

I am really tired, and cannot think... just wanted to get it on the record that I am starting to feel like I am at home now! And that I am happy we met Tanya, Hatem and Maya :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Toujan B. Atari said...

Eman,

It is sooooo good to hear from you! And it is funny that you should write today because I was going through Marwen's blog yesterday, and was thinking of you!! I was wondering how you were doing in Tunisia?

Glad you liked the house... I still can't get over it :) everytime I look out of the window I am amazed by the beauty! Yallah come visit! Please! (just wait until we have furniture :p)

Send me your blog address if you're keeping one please, and please send my warmest regards to Marwen :)

Love,
Toujan

10:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home